AMBER: [Fwd: No timings from jac test on opteron quad]

From: Arvid Soderhall <arvid.fmp-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:28:02 +0100

Hi

We are about to by a new linux cluster and try to run some benchmarks,
but we don't get the timings. This is what we have tryed (for AMBER7):

In order to do some analysis I compiled amber7 on an Opteron Quad (SuSE
Linux 9.0, gcc 3.3.1) by

- in $AMBERHOME/src/MACHINE linked to Machines/Machine.g77
- omit compilation of gibbs (because of internal compiler errors)
- compiled only text version of LEaP

- $AMBERHOME/test: make test.sander - all tests PASSED successfully

Question concerning 'jac' benchmark output:

  bench.jac.out looks identical compared to tests on other UNIX/Linux
systems, except at the end it yields only:

    5. TIMINGS

| Highest rstack allocated: 1206572
| Highest istack allocated: 852084

| Setup wallclock 1 seconds
| Nonsetup wallclock 95 seconds

Why do I get no full output for 'timings' ?
Is there some package missing in the oper. system ?

Cheers
  Arvid Soderhall