Re: AMBER: contributed parameters

From: Shau Grossman <shau.chem.wayne.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:55:46 -0500 (EST)

Dear Francois,

I have tried both approaches that you have suggested below. I have more
questions in the following:

1) My concern for using the first approach is that C1' atom bears a fairly
large negative charge, and the nearby atoms of the modified base (close to
C1') are also affected to some noticeable degree. Secondly, if I were to
use the
RESP charges generated using the first approach, do I define a new residue
in xleap for the modified nucleotide?

2) If I were to use the second approach as you mentioned with the
restraint of .126 (during the second stage, I assume), I
would then assign these RESP charges to the base atoms in the PREP module
as suggested in JACS, 119, 7095-7104). My question is that what charges I
would use for C1' and H1' atoms in this case.

Appreciate your help very much,
Shau