Re: AMBER: histidine and its various forms

From: Peter Oelschlaeger <poe.caltech.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:10:49 -0800

Julie,

Yuan-Ping Pang has reported a histidinate in Protein Science (2000),
9:1857-65.

Peter

Stern, Julie wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I need to name a histidine that doesn't have a hydrogen
>on either the delta nitrogen or the epsilon nitrogen. Just
>using HIS defaults to HID which is the name for protonation
>on the delta position. HIE is the name for protonation on
>the epsilon position. HIP is the name for protonation on
>both positions. But, what would I call or how would I do
>a workaround for protonation on neither position?
>
>Thanks for help and suggestions.
>
>Sincerely,
>Julie Stern

Peter Oelschlaeger, Ph.D.
Mayo lab, Division of Biology, Caltech
1200 E. California Blvd., mail code 114-96
Pasadena, CA 91125-9600
Phone: 	(626) 395-8085, Lab: (626) 395-6407
Fax:	(626) 440-7231
Email:	poe.caltech.edu
http://www.mayo.caltech.edu