Re: AMBER: SIGSEGV

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:30:18 -0800

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004, John wrote:

> I try to run a job on two processors and I get this error message:
>
> MPI process rank 1 (n0, p20357) caught a SIGSEGV.
> MPI process rank 0 (n0, p20355) caught a SIGSEGV.
>
> The simulation runs fine on one processor. Any suggestion of how to remedy
> the problem?

All the above says is that you tried to run Amber and it failed. Without
*lots* more information, no one would be able to help you.

(As a start, be sure all the test cases run. Next, try a short run with
ntpr=1; does the crash occur right at the beginning or after many steps?
What sort of job is it? what machine/compiler? and so on.)

....dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu