Re: AMBER: Run calculations for protein in Amber

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:18:32 -0500

yes, you want TER lines in between segments
of the chain in your pdb file so that Leap does
not bond them together.

I would suggest using positional restraints (ntr=1)
rather than the ones you mention below.
You will specify the atoms and force constant
in a GROUP input, see the manual for details.

you can use dielc=4 in the input file, but you will
also need to specify the distance-dependent dielectric.
that depends on the AMBER version you are using, which you
did not mention. Check the manual for details.
Carlos