AMBER: adding ions to nucleic acids

From: a b <asittner.lycos.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:47:19 -0500

hi there,
i would like to minimize some nucleic acid structure (together w/ a protein). the na structure is of course highly charged and will "explode" upon minimization.
i order to stabilize it , i'd like to add counter ions in some "smart" procedure. (i'm afraid that the ions will "over-stabilize" wrong structures by creating many local energy minima).
so, how do i do it?
thanks,
t.