RE: AMBER: antechamber + mopac error

From: Meg McCarrick <mmccarrick.celgene.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:12:42 -0800

Carsten,
I had a similar problem, and it had to do with the version of MOPAC I was
running (509mn). In antechamber.c, the mopac input file is written. You
need to add an initial space before the first two lines written out to
ANTECHAMBER_MUL.MOP. The lines I changed were:
char mkeyword[MAXCHAR]="AM1 MMOK GEO-OK"
changed to
char mkeyword[MAXCHAR]=" AM1 MMOK GEO-OK"
and in the routine wrmopcrt:
fprintf(fpout, "\n%s\n","remark line goes here\n");
changed to
fprintf(fpout, "\n%s\n"," remark line goes here\n");

See if that helps.

Meg McCarrick