Re: AMBER: sander and mpich (which compilers/mpich work)

From: Viktor Hornak <hornak.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:13:13 -0500

Dear Jerry,

a few updates to the amber linux cluster web page were done regarding
newer linux distributions and intel compilers.
Specifically, sander/amber7 tests pass for intel ifort/icc 8.0 on
Suse8.2 but not for gcc/g77-3.3. You might be able to get gcc/g77-3.3
working by initially setting optimization to L0 and if it works,
increasing the optimization level one by one until something breaks. If
it doesn't work with L0, you'd have to install 'older' gcc/g77-3.2 and
start from there. Because intel ifort/icc 8.0 seems to work, I didn't
try these options (we don't use Suse, I only setup a test box to verify
the compilation issues).
I hope this is of some help.

Good luck,
-Viktor