Re: AMBER: how to correctly change frcmod?

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:17:47 -0800

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004, opitz.che.udel.edu wrote:

> I am just beginning to use Amber 7. I am trying to simulate a dendrimer
> whose pdb file I already have. This pdb file contains all atoms, except
> the hydrogens, as those gave me problems. After removing the hydrogens
> from my pdb file, antechamber accepted the file ....

This is wrong; you have to keep the hydrogens for antechamber to work as
desired. Also, atom names within a residue must be unique; you example
has many "C1" carbons, for example. These have to all become unique.

> > mods = loadamberparams frcmod
> Reading force field mod type file (frcmod)
> Unknown keyword:
> in parameter file.
> Unknown keyword:
> in parameter file.
>
> Does anybody know what causes this?

I don't see a problem in the file you sent. You might try increasing the
verbosity level to get a better hint.

...good luck..dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu