Re: AMBER: non-zero 10-12 coefficient

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:48:12 -0800

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003, Bimo Ario Tejo wrote:

> I tried to do a sander simulation (minimization, heating, equilibration,
> production) of a glycoprotein using Amber7 with parameter files taken from
> Robert Woods' group (http://glycam.ccrc.uga.edu/glycam/glycam_parameters.html):
> resp 010 and glycam_2000a.dat. The .lib files of sugar groups and prmtop and
> prmcrd were prepared using xleap -f leaprc.ff99.
>
> However, the simulation was stopped at minimization stage with this error
> message in output file:
>
> Found a non-zero 10-12 coefficient, but source
> was not compiled with -DHAS_10_12.
> If you are using a pre-1994 force field, you
> will need to re-compile with this flag.
>
> I dont think I'm using a pre-1994 ff. Does anyone have some experience how
> to use glycam ff in Amber7?

Glycam uses non-zero 10-12 terms, so you have to compile sander with
-DHAS_10_12, as the message indicates. As I understand it, this force field
"really" had its origins in about 1993, that is before the Amber protein
force fields removed the 10-12 terms. This does not mean is it is bad or
outdated, just that you have to recompile sander as indicated in order to
use it.

...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu