Re: AMBER: Sander / Anal

From: Emmanuel Giudice <Emmanuel.Giudice.mssm.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:54:20 -0500

Thanks for your suggestion, the divergence was effectively comming from
shake.

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003, Emmanuel Giudice wrote:

>> I'm comparing the energy output of Sander and anal. To do so I have
>> performed with sander a "single point" energy calculation in vacuo on a
>> very simple system...
>

>> Here is my input file for Sander
>>
>> &cntrlHere is my input file for Sander
>> imin=0, ntx=1, ntpr=1, ntwr=1, ntwx=1, ntwe=1,
>> nscm=5000,
>> ntf=2, ntc=2,
>> ntb=0, igb=2
>> nstlim=1, t=0.0, dt=0.002,
>> cut=999.0,
>> irest=0
>> &end

All components of your energy are different, so my guess is that you are not
extracting the intial (step 0) results from sander. It's easier to set
imin=1 and maxcyc=1 to ensure you are using the same coordinates.

Also, you should turn off shake (set ntf=ntc=1), since anal also doesn't know
about shake.

...hope this helps...dac

                                Emmanuel GIUDICE
MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOPHYSICS                Emmanuel.Giudice.mssm.edu
One Gustave L. Levy place, Annenberg Building          Tel-Labo : (212) 241-1613
21st Floor, Room 78 New York, NY 10029                 Fax      : (212) 860-3369