AMBER: basic questions

From: Wei Wang <clark50236.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:02:52 -0600

I have the following basic questions to ask regarding AMBER implementation:

1. What's the unit values used in AMBER ?
   1 AMU = ? kilogram,
   1e = ? Coulomb (or if V= f * q1*q2 / r^2, what is the value of f ?)
   1 kcal/mol = ? Joule

2. the van der Waals potential generally has a cutoff radius,
   There are two implementations: one is using swith function (v -->
v*swtich); another is using
   shift function (v --> v - shift).
   my question is which implementaion does AMBER use ?

I have looked through the manual and FAQs, but don't find the answer yet.
Sorry, if the answer has been posted.

Clark