Re[2]: AMBER: surface code in Amber

From: John Lee <g03.joyie.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:53:49 -0800

Hi David, Dave and AMBERS,

I just worried about if there is such a cave. And most possiblly caves
collapse due to VDW forces. I think if there is a cave, it also can be
overcome by increase the radius of the probe ball, I still didn't find
the probe ball, may be it didn't exist.

If there is no probe ball and the cave in the middle of
the protein is not bigger than a probe ball. LCPO will still
count on the surface area of the cave. Once we use the surface to
assign the dielectric constant (inside surface is 4, outside is 80),
don't you think that will cause some problem?

--
Best regards,
John Lee