Re: AMBER: slower simulation

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:59:02 -0400

in these cases it is better to do a short simulation
under both sets of conditions and look more closely
at relative performance beyond how often it prints
coordinates. You can look at the information at the
end of the output file where it will tell you what part
of the simulations took a given fraction of the time.

If I understand you correctly, the simulation with moving
protein was slower than the simulation with frozen protein.
This may be reasonable since the protein-protein forces
do not need to be calculated with frozen protein. Check
the output file to see if the nonbond calculation is the
slower one. I am not sure if I understood the specifics,
though.
carlos