Re: AMBER: Calculating solvation energies for MM-PBSA use

From: samantha hughes <s.j.hughes.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 14:13:04 +0100

Hi Thomas,

See this publication where we describe our MgATP MM-PBSA calculations:

S.J. Hughes et al, BMC Structural Biology 2003 3:5

its available under openaccess at:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6807/3/5

Even though your protein is big, I'd suggest using all the coordinates
for MM-PBSA calculations. i am sure this will influence your results,
especially the Delphi PB calculations. Also, your choice of internal and
external dielectrics will strongly affect your results! If the delphi
calculations are really expensive on a large system, run it over just a
few snapshots (ca 10) to get a feel for the results using that
dielectric constant.

Good luck!

Samantha