Re: AMBER: Compiling 64-bit version on AIX

From: Carlos P. Sosa <cpsosa.msi.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:06:39 -0500

Dear Pratul,

This is correct, we have not built a 64-bit version (posted info.). If there is
interest from
users and developers we can post instructions on how to build such version.
These e-mails
indicate that there is. Of course, we need to test it.

Regards,

Pratul K. Agarwal" wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Nicolas Grima wrote:
>
> > all the instructions and Makefiles to install AMBER 6 and 7 on AIX machines
> > are available at this URL:
> > http://www.msi.umn.edu/~cpsosa/ChemApps/MolMech/amber/patches/
>
> I have used the information on this website to compile
> 32-bit version. Currently, I am looking for instructions on
> compiling 64-bit version. I did not find any information
> pertaining to that ...

Carlos P. Sosa, Ph.D.
IBM & University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute for
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation
599 Walter Library
117 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455                             email: cpsosa.msi.umn.edu