AMBER: LEaP not compiling

From: Niko Jukarainen <jukarain.messi.uku.fi>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:50:01 +0300

Hello,

I have a problem compiling LEaP. The rest of the AMBER7-suite compiles without
problems.. so does tleap.

I get the following error during "make install"

---
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/amber7/src/antechamber'
cd leap; xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
imake: No such file or directory
imake: Cannot exec /lib/cpp.
  Stop.
imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.
make: *** [install] Error 1
[niko.erinyes src]$
---
I immediately checked a few things: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config exists, and so
does /lib/cpp (it is a link to /lib/cpp3.2).
Could this be a problem with some X header files? I tried out a version on
xleap compiled on another machine (RedHat Linux) and it gives the following
error:
---
[niko.erinyes amber]$ xleap
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/prep to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/lib to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/parm to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/local/amber7/dat/leap/cmd to search path.
Wcl Error: WcWidgetCreation(xaLeap) - Failed
    Problem: No children could be created from Xrm database.
    Possible: Resource file not found
		user environment:
			XENVIRONMENT is not set,
			XAPPLRESDIR not terminated with '/'
		user environment or installation:
			$XENVIRONMENT/XaLeap does not exist.
    Possible: top level widget in resource file not named 'xaLeap'
Error: Shell widget xaLeap has zero width and/or height
[niko.erinyes amber]$
---
My system is as follows:
Linux Mandrake 9.0 (kernel 2.4.29-16)