Re: AMBER: variable not in namelist for Sander input

From: Haizhen Zhong <zhongh.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:08:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there,

After deleting ntwxm, ntwem, the MD runs in Sander at AMBER6. However, it
seems it started to change the octahedral box to a cubic box, because teh
density of the input file is 0.7, after several MD runs (ramping
temperature and following equilibration), when I check the coorfinate
file, it looks like to start to change to a cubic box (the density at the
first snapshots change to 0.35).

The input line for PME is "
 &ewald
 nfft1=90,nfft2=90,nfft3=80,order=5,dsum_tol=0.00005,
 &end
"

Is it because of the default of alpha, beta, gamma set to be 90.0 degree
for a cubic box? If it is YES, what kind of data I should give to alpha,
beta, and gamma to maintain the octahedral box and at the same time using
PME?

THank you so much for your help!

Haizhen