nab compilation

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.mpi-bpc.mpg.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:02:04 +0200

Dear collegues,
   I have encountered a problem with the compilation of nab-4.5.1 and
also a different one with nab-4.5
   Some time ago I compiled nab4.5 on my Linux machine and it worked
fine. In the mentime I upgraded my SuSE linux to 8.1 and then 8.2 (which
uses somehow a different version of the gcc compiler). I tried to use
again nab (already compiled) but I noticed that when creating a simple
A-RNA ds the putpdb( "name.pdb", m ); does not work...I got an error
message "Segmentation Fault" related to the "arna.dat' file from
fd_helix. The pdb file was still created but not with the name that I
gave. Then I tried to recompile the nab 4.5 and when I "make test" it
failed when testing the fd_helix function.
   Then I found the nab-4.5.1 version and I tried to compile it but I
receive the error message that it cannot create the directory
$NABHOME/bin/Linux which already exists after "tar xzvf". I tried to
remove this directory but then I got other errors.
   I know that I have already experienced some problems with the new gcc
compiler while compiling "MEAD" so I am wondering if somebody has
encounter such problems and if they are due to the compiler or naybe
some more trivial things.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Best wishes,
Vlad