2 questions

From: FyD <fyd.u-picardie.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:02:41 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Amber-Users,

I have 2 questions:

- If we take the AMBER FF equation, is the hydrophobic interaction between 2 aromatic
residues (for instance) taken into account ? Is it through the vdW term ?

- Starting from a wild type fold, I mutated a residue. Using the GBSA strategy, I get a
dE(effective) value of 8 kcal/mol and a dG value of 13 kcal/mol between the mutant and the
wild type protein (1 nanosec productive MD with GB). Can I conclude that the mutation
present a stabilisation or a de-stabilisation effect ? To my opinion, such a dG is too
small...

Thanks a lot, regards, Francois