Re: A problem in Sander production dynamics

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:21:04 -0400

have you looked at the dynamics visually?
I think it is unlikely you go up to 16A RMSD
and then back to 2- that is a large drop. See
what the 16A looks like, it is bending? or imaging
in the box and you don't re-image the strands
before RMSD calculation? calculate the RMSD for
each strand, and then with/without the drug.
you may need to use ptraj to image.
I find it always helps to look at a movie
before carrying out any detailed analysis.
otherwise check your RMSD calculation, you
didn't tell us how or which atoms or what was
fit, etc.
carlos
Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu