RE: Trying to understand parm99.dat

From: Yong Duan <yduan.udel.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:48:48 -0400

Dear Sichun,

AMBER uses "atom types" to identify the dihedrals, not atom names.
Decoupling atom types from atom names is a standard practice and allows
quite a bit of flexibility.

The dihedral that you were asking, N-CA-C-N, is one of the main-chain
dihedrals of peptides.
This is identified as N-CT-C-N in parmxx.dat

yong