help! Non bond list overflow!

From: Zhang Jian <jzhang_001_at_yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Wed 13 Nov 2002 02:56:39 -0800 (PST)

Dear AMBER users,

I run sander in parallel to calculate a protein with
36 residues and about 3000 waters, totally 8864 atoms.

I gave the following command in a SGI IRIX machine,
mpirun -np 8 sander -O -i ...
then got
 * NB pairs 206 317419 exceeds capacity
( 317571) 4
 SIZE OF NONBOND LIST = 317571
 EWALD BOMB in subroutine ewald_list
 Non bond list overflow!
 check MAXPR in locmem.f
I examined the file locmem.f, ew_direct.f and
ew_setup.f, then know that it is because
num+numpack>maxnblst (206+317419>317571)
in ew_direct.f.
Since maxnblst=MAXPR, I changed the line
MAXPR=MAXPR/numtasks
MAXPR=MAXPR/numtasks+1000
BUT numpack also increased by 1000! faint! so the
problem remains same. To increase maxnblst in
ew_setup.f will result in same problem.

Of course I have UGLY method to deal with it, but
could anybody give me a better advice?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Jian Zhang

p.s. this error seems only occur when running sander
in parallel.

=====
Jian Zhang, Dr
Institute for Biophysics