Resp Multiconformational charge fitting!

From: (wrong string) élio Correia Preto <mcpreto_at_fc.up.pt>
Date: Wed 30 Oct 2002 11:50:52 +0000

Dear Amber users:

We are performing charge fittings in non-natural amino acids and we are
using the multiconformational RESP methodology.
We have encountered one problem; when we try the procedure using two
conformations every thing went fine, but when we tried a five
conformation fit we got a segmentation fault!
Here is the header of the first stage input:
resp-charges for multiconfurational scheme
&cntrl
  nmol=5,
  ihfree=1,
  ioutopt=1
&end

After this, we have tried with three and four conformations and it also
worked!
My question is: Is this procedure limited to four structures only? If
so, is there any way to use more than four conformations?

Thamks for all your kind attention.

Sincerely

Marco Preto
Chem. Dep.