Re: 64-bit Compilation SUN's forte compiler

From: Ioana Cozmuta <ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon 28 Oct 2002 15:33:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Fernando,

I did not do the compilation in 64bit mode on a SUN but on an origin/sgi
cluster. Here is what I did:

I had to make changes to two files to get a complete build:
1. I changed Machines/Machine.sgi_mpi by replacing all the -n32 compile
   options with -64.
2. I had to modify the mm_pbsa/Makefile to add adefault compile line
   for C modules. Otherwise, it used the default C compile which used
   -n32.

.f.o: $<
        ../Compile L1 -D$(PREC) $<
#the two lines below is what I've added to the Makefile#
.c.o: $<
        ../Compile CC -D$(PREC) $<

I let the LEaP X11 utility to be built with -n32. Since this is a
GUI setup utility, I didn't switch it to use -64.
To remake things I did:
cd amber7/src
rm -fr ../exe
make clean |& tee clean.out
make install |& tee install.out

Hope that you can do similar changes on the SUN and that it works out.

Regards,
Ioana

* Ioana Cozmuta * *
* NASA-AMES Research Center * "Gravitation can not be held responsible*
* Mail Stop 230-3 * for people falling in love" *
* Moffet Field * *
* phone: (650) 604-0993 * Albert Einstein*
* fax: (650) 604-0350 * (1879-1955) *