Re: reg: MAC OS

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon 21 Oct 2002 11:13:35 -0700

on 10/21/02 9:11, David A. Case at case_at_scripps.edu wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002, Prem Raj wrote:
>> I like to know whether there are plans to impliment amber on MAC
>> operating system.
>
> We have compiled and tested sander, using g77 (Mac OS X). Benchmark results
> (on a pretty old machine) are at the Amber web site.
> I would guess (hope) that everything would compile and run in a straighforward
> way. You will need an Xserver and X development libraries to run xleap.

My experience running sander on my PowerBook G4-400 was awful, it's too
slow. I just switched back to PC (linux). Still OSX version xleap is very
helpful (except running relaxation in xleap).

Hopefully it will be better after Apple use IBM's PowerPC 970 as their new
CPUs.

Best,

--
Mengjuei Hsieh, M.S., Luo Computational Biochemistry Group
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry