Re: reg: MAC OS

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Mon 21 Oct 2002 09:11:56 -0700

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002, Prem Raj wrote:

> I like to know whether there are plans to impliment amber on MAC
> operating system.

We have compiled and tested sander, using g77 (Mac OS X). Benchmark results
(on a pretty old machine) are at the Amber web site.

I would guess (hope) that everything would compile and run in a straighforward
way. You will need an Xserver and X development libraries to run xleap.

> secondly I would like to know whether it is possible to run NMR
> refinement (Using amber) on DNA/RNA systems with dipolar
> couplings.

Yes. We have a manuscript in preparation on this, but nucleic acids are
not fundamentally any different than proteins as far as dipolar couplings
are concerned.

..good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu