Re: protein minimization

From: CUI, Guanglei <cuigl_at_morita.chem.sunysb.edu>
Date: Tue 3 Sep 2002 09:19:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Sophia,
    If you have a structure with many bad contacts, minimizing them with
    positional restraints might help to lower the deviation. This can be
    done in several consecutive steps in which the restraints are
    gradually released. The unrestrained minimization is performed as
    the last step. This usually works well. Good luck!

    Guanglei

--
Guanglei Cui
Dept. of Chemistry