problem with amber7 compiling on SGI

From: Chris Switzer <switzer_at_mail.ucr.edu>
Date: Wed 14 Aug 2002 18:26:54 -0700

Hi:

I am trying to compile Amber7 on an R10000 SGI and run it on an R12000. I have successfully done this for several programs in the past without any hitches. Amber works on the R10000 machine, but does not work on the R12000. When a program is "executed" on the R12000 it takes the command and then nothing happens and there is no error message (also there is no system hang either).

I am surprised that the R10000 version is not working ont he R12000 machine.

I have tried the following but it hasn't panned out: The machine file Machine.sgi_nopar sets the processor, OS version and CPU architecture -- both systems are using the same OS version 6.5, Architectures R10000 and R12000 seem to have the same compiler settings, but the Processor is IP 30 for the R10000 and IP 32 for the R12000. I tried setting explicit values for Processor, OS version and IP to hard values in the Machine file, but there are a lot of complaints when compiling.

I would appreciate any comments that you could provide.

Sincerely,

Chris Switzer
Prof of Chemistry
UC Riverside