Amber/Gentoo linux

From: Jianhui Wu <wujih_at_BRI.NRC.CA>
Date: Fri 9 Aug 2002 15:53:16 -0400

Dear Amber Users,

I will try to rephase my question again. From what I can get from the
internet search, amber guys mostly use RedHat or SUSE linux. A computer
(linux) guy told me that Gentoo is optimised for cluster and could give
me significant performance gain over other linux distribution. Is he is
right, how come I never hear that amber guys use Gentoo linux?

If you are running amber under Gentoo linux, could you give me a line
and say "Hey, it is better"? (or perhaps not so different with Redhat?)

Thanks,

Jian Hui