FW: Compiling on HP-UX 11.00

From: Hagedorn, Dan N <dan.hagedorn_at_pnl.gov>
Date: Fri 09 Aug 2002 11:45:00 -0700

Dan Hagedorn
EMSL UNIX Support
376-8206

-----Original Message-----
From: Hagedorn, Dan N
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:38 AM
To: 'amber_at_heimdal.compchem.uscf.edu'
Cc: Dang, Liem X
Subject: Compiling on HP-UX 11.00

Hello,

I am a UNIX admin at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and an trying
to install Amber 7 on a HP J5600 running HP-UX 11.00 for Dr. Liem Dang. I
get an error when doing the "make install" - there is an entire directory
missing (.../amber7/src/Machines/hp). I am using the Machines/Machine.hp
file.

Should I use the g77 version, or the mpi version? Is there somewhere that I
can download the contents of the .../Machines/hp directory?

I have a feeling that this versions of Amber was built for the old f77 (now
deprecated) in HP-UX and there are significant differences that are
preventing me from a successful compilation.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,
Dan Hagedorn
EMSL UNIX Support