Re: Leap error: PDB file with more than 10000 residues

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 6 Aug 2002 14:13:30 -0700

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002, Pratul Agarwal wrote:

> I am trying to read in a PDB file with more than 10000 residues (about
> 18000 water molecules) and am running into the following problem (see
> error message below). Any suggestions for getting around the problem?
> I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but a search of mail
> archives did not help.

Make sure you have applied bugfix.8 from the Amber web site.

If that doesn't help, you may need to send your pdb file (or at least that
part of it around residue 10000); you don't say how you produced this file.
Since the "official" Brookhaven format has only 4 digits for the residue
number, different assumptions about how this restriction should be relaxed
can come into play. So it's important to indicate where the PDB file in
question came from.

..dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu