Re: am1-bcc charges

From: David A. Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 6 Aug 2002 12:32:12 -0700

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002, Sophia Kondratova wrote:

> I am trying to get am1-bcc charges. I have an ac file with Coulsen charges in
> it, and I ran bcctype, but when I try to run bcc to get the corrected charges,
> the following error message appears:
>
> ld86: cleft-bcctype.ac has bad magic number

This message is from the system. It looks like you are trying to execute
the "cleft-bcctype.ac" file. (I'm pretty sure "ld86" is the loader, the
program that starts executables running. "Bad magic number" means that this
file is not an executable file, which is correct-- it's a file that is
intended to be read by the bcc program.)

So, you should look at what commands you actually tried. If you still have
troubles, try giving more specific information. (As I have stated a number of
times on the list, just saying things like "I try to run bcc" is not specific
enough to enable others to be of much help.)

..good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu