Re: am1-bcc charges, antechamber

From: M. L. Dodson <bdodson_at_scms.utmb.EDU>
Date: Thu 25 Jul 2002 07:32:05 -0500 (CDT)

On 25 Jul, Giulio Rastelli wrote:
> Following the instructions on the Amber7 manual, I installed Mopac509mn.
> To your knowledge, is there any significant difference between Mopac7 and
> Mopac509?

I doubt there are significant differences. To my knowledge, the semiempirical
AM1 Hamiltonian has not been reparameterized (except possibly to correct
errors). IIRC, key additions from versions 6 and 7 have been added to 5.09,
according to the web site. And, when I have done checks using test cases, the
answers (in some cases generated with earlier versions) came out the same.
Except for the expected minor floating point differences, of course.

Bud

> Thank you very much in advance.
> Giulio Rastelli

[elided]

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson_at_scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790