Re: amber7 compilation on a beowulf cluster

From: Peter Gannett <pgannett_at_hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: Sat 20 Apr 2002 08:14:01 -0400

David:

Thanks. It is a new version of RedHat so we must just be having environment problems. The whole system is new and we are very near the bottom of the learning curve. I suspect it is around but if not, i'll be in touch.

Pete

>>> case_at_scripps.edu 04/19/02 09:56PM >>>
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002, Peter Gannett wrote:

> I am trying to compile on a beowulf cluster/redhat and don't have cpp. Is
> this just a c++ compiler and if so, can i use something else like g++?

"cpp" is the C-preprocessor. On older RedHat systems, it lives in /lib;
in newer versions, it should be in both /bin and /lib. You need to
modify the "setenv CPP" line in your machine file to point to that.

It is possible that some version of RedHat doesn't supply cpp at all, but
it seems to be present in versions from 5.2 to 7.2....let me know
if you really don't seem to have this. There is a set of flags to give
to gcc to make it act like cpp (alone), but I don't remember what they
are right now.

...regards....dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu