Amber in a distributed environment

From: Peter Gannett <pgannett_at_hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: Wed 17 Apr 2002 08:07:56 -0400

Amber users:

I have been asked by a company called parabon if i would like to run computations in a distributed PC environment (more or less identical to the SETI project). Since the offer was at no charge (financial) I thought it was worth considering. However, I don't think that sander or several other Amber programs are going to work in this environment as it seems to me this environment is a kin to a beowulf cluster with very slow connections between processors. Does anyone know if this idea has merit or not? Thanks.

Pete Gannett