Re: convergence of MD simulations

From: darden <darden_at_gamera.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Mon 8 Apr 2002 16:08:10 -0400 (EDT)

Dear sue
sorry no one seems to have replied yet. actually in nve the ratio you
want is RMS(PE+KE)/RMS(KE) i.e. ratio of fluctuation in total energy (that
which is to be conserved) to the kinetic or potential energy fluctuations.
The way we do NTP simulations there is currently no corresponding measure
of quality. Maybe someday we'll implement one of the fancier Lagrangian
based approaches to NTP, which will involve a generalized energy that gets
conserved. But this is not imminent as far as I know.
Hope this helps
Tom Darden