xleap: japanese keyboad

From: Toshikazu Matsuoka <matsuoka_at_kumamoto-u.ac.jp>
Date: Mon 22 Oct 2001 14:41:02 +0900

Hello,

I usualy use a Japanese106 keyboad on my machine (SuSE linux, Pentium4). I
can use the programs in amber suit except for xleap with japanese keyboad
and japanese key layout.

Houever, when I try to excecute xleap, I get error message as follows.

************************************
> xleap
-I: Adding /usr/amber6/dat to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/amber6/dat/leap/lib to search path.
-I: Adding /usr/amber6/dat/leap/cmd to search path.
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request: 101 (X_GetKeyboardMapping) Value in
failed request:
 0xf8 Serial number of failed request:
 1609 Current serial number in output stream: 1609

I f I set the keyboad layout as genelic 101 keyPC, I can ececute the xleap
program succesfully. However, I cannot use some characters with the
setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Toshikazu.