RE: Xeon vs. Athlon, latency

From: Yong Duan <yduan_at_udel.edu>
Date: Thu 4 Oct 2001 13:19:29 -0400

If you use a hub, the bandwidth is shared, meaning 10BT for two channels
(5BT for each channel). Each 10,000W (or 640K bits) array would require
0.064 x 2 + 0.000 which is still greater than 0.064 + 0.053. 0.053 is
obtained by assuming 1500-byte MTU and 0.001 sec latency (for each packet).
I also assumed that you have a no-latency net after using a hub.

yong