RE: Problem of running sander on Linux cluster

From: Thomas A. Spraggins <tas_at_virginia.edu>
Date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 11:23:12 -0500

The problem is almost certainly in your machinefile. Processes are
allocated round-robin, using the entries in this file, which may be in a
place like /usr/local/mpich/utl/machines/machine.LINUX.

If you want two processes on the same machine, create a file like:

        machine1.mydomain
        machine1.mydomain
        machine2.mydomain

then run with: mpirun -np 2 -machinefile <whateveryoucalledyourfile>
and you'll get the desired result.

Tom Spraggins
tas_at_virginia.edu