RE: Can't compile Sander with parallel on Linux cluster

From: Thomas A. Spraggins <tas_at_virginia.edu>
Date: Fri 16 Mar 2001 12:37:24 -0500

I used the pgf compilers for Amber6 without any real problems. You'll want
to use "mpif90" for your FC definition, so the mpich scripts can take of
including the proper includes and libraries; otherwise, no sweat.
PGF-compiled code generally runs quite a bit faster than g77; I don't have
the benchmarks handy, but my recollection was that the difference, while
significant, wasn't as big as I've seen for other applications.

You need to make sure not to mix-and-match with the compilers used for the
mpich install and the subsequent Amber build. That definitely causes major
headaches.

Tom Spraggins
tas_at_virginia.edu