Re: process problem

From: jim caldwell <caldwell_at_heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed 31 Jan 2001 08:51:42 -0800 (PST)

Find the parent process (the shell script) that is running
sander and do a "kill -9" on it. It may not show up with
"top" as it isn't using any noticeable CPU time. Find it
with something like "ps -ef | grep youraccountname | more"

jim

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Eoin Galligan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I know this is slightly off the topic of AMBER, but I hope someone can
> help - I've got a sander sim going within a queue and I cant seem to kill
> it. I've carried out "top" and using the process
> no. from there used "kill". However, the process no. is continnuously
> changing and so the "kill" command doesnt work, as it no longer
> recognises the process no. Any help gratefully received!
>
> With Regards, Eoin Galligan
>

> tel: 0115 9515151 ext 66272
> mobile: 07968 349629
> mobile email: eoingalligan_at_sms.genie.co.uk
> (160 char max)
>
> Laboratory of Biophysics and Surface Analysis,
> Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
> Nottingham University,
> University Park,
> Nottingham,
> NG7 2RD,
> UK

James W. Caldwell (voice) 415-476-8603
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry (fax) 415-502-1411
Mail Stop 0446 (email) caldwell_at_heimdal.ucsf.edu
513 Parnassus Avenue (video) farbauti.compchem.ucsf.edu
University of California (netmeeting)
San Francisco, CA 94143-0446