Re: missing parameters

From: Jie Lu <jl544_at_is9.nyu.edu>
Date: Wed 25 Oct 2000 19:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

I have read the 'develop new parameter' section and fully understand how
to do it for the example CH3-CH3 and CH2=CH2. But in my case, the missing
parameter in the five-member ring.(N*-CA). When I try to develop the
dihedral parameter, such as C-N8-CA-N2, there are 2 questions.
First, the angle can varied only in a small range.
second, the geometry of other part of this structure could also be
influenced by this parameter.
So is it the right way to develop this parameter: choose possible range
of that dihedral, fix the dihedral and minimize the structure with
gaussin as well as AMBER to get the energy?

               O6 R R
               || \ /
       N7 C6(C) C14(CT)
           C5 N1(N*)_____C15(CT) C13(CA)