dummy atom as anchor in gibbs ?

From: Terreux Raphael <terreux_at_taloa.unice.fr>
Date: Thu 25 May 2000 14:53:43 -0700

Dear amber users,

I would measure a variation of the free energy during a biological
process. For this purpose, i plan to use Gibbs modules with iternal
constraints.

Does it possible to use dummy atoms (which stay dummy during all the MD)
constrained with a ibelly, as anchor for the Gibbs constraint ? I
suppose it is possible, but it will may be created artefacts in the
calculation of the variation of free energy ? Does anybody has already
created a Gibbs internal constraint not based on real atom of the system
?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

raphael terreux

TERREUX Raphael
Laboratoire A.S.I Equipe Chimiometrie Modelisation
Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis,
Parc Valrose, F 06108, Cedex 2,
NICE, FRANCE
TEL : +33 (0)4 92 07 61 26