Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py questions

From: Li, Zhen via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 03:13:38 +0000

Hi Ingso,

For question 1, yes, pdb4amber has the --reduce keyword that supports adding hydrogens, but that may not treat GLY and HIS properly like H++ does. Maybe experts in pdb4amber can give more suggestions.

For question 2, manually combining two chains into one will disturb the total charge of each system. For example, if both chain A and chain B are supposed to be neutral, combining them will make chain A +0.5 and chain B -0.5 charge instead. Running MCPB.py twice, once for each

So far, these two questions have nothing really related to MCPB.py's core code. So, the email title might be a bit confusing.

The ultimate purpose of MCPB.py is to provide frcmod files to build a bonded model for the metal center and its related small/large ligand systems.

MCPB.py should support modified residues because the charge fitting steps are done by QM, not MM.

If any MCPB.py-related problem persists, please feel free to send the error message.

Best regards,
Zhen.