Re: [AMBER] Restarting pH REMD

From: He, Amy via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 01:33:24 +0000

Hi Noureen,

In the tutorial all replicas started from the exact same structure and protonation states. But it is also possible to let them start from individually equilibrated structures at different pH, which may have different states. You just have to modify the inputs individually in the group file. Both ways make sense to me. The first is more convenient (needs less equilibrium) but some replicas may experience a drastic conformation change at the beginning, especially if their pHs are further away from the pH of choice in the previous equilibrium calculation.

To restart, it makes more sense to proceed from the respective protonation states at the end of the previous trajectories, for a smooth transition from the previous and the new simulations.

Best regards,
Amy