[AMBER] amber19sb atom types doubts

From: Jones De Andrade via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 09:00:34 -0300

Hi all.

I was studying the atom types list of the ambe19sb force field (paper
supporting information), mostly with help from amber94 aminoacid and
atoms assignments images for help, and I stumbled upon some issues that
I could not understand a proper (chemical) reasoning form them.

Before the questions, let me just say I'm not implying there is any
"bug" whatsoever: they are legitimate doubts from me. ;)

Let's go:
1) Why ARG and LYS use atom type C8 instead of 2C? Because of the
aminoacids side chain terminations with nitrogen atoms?
2) Why TRP and (all 3) Histidines use CT instead of 2C, given that in
both cases the sp3 C atom is bonded to two "heavy" atoms?
3) Why GLU C_delta is 2C on X2 dihedral while it is defined as C on X3
dihedral?
4) Why on both ASP and LEU the C_beta is 2C on X1 dihedral while it is
defined as CS on X2 dihedral?

Any (additional?) "chemical reasonings" for these are welcomed.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Jones
---