[AMBER] bug in cpptraj from amber tools 24 related to dcd trajectories ?

From: Vlad Cojocaru via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 16:54:12 +0200

Dear Amber community,

I have some simulations run with NAMD and I am trying to process them in
CPPTRAJ using the following commands (just a simple example):

parm file.top
trajin file.dcd 1 last 2 namdcell
center :1-172 origin
autoimage anchor :1-172 familiar
outtraj file.cdf netcdf

When I do this CPPTRAJ from AmberTools 23 (using "ucell" instead of
"namdcell"), everything runs fine. I just get these warnings but the
netcdf trajectory is fine with correct periodic box information (I see
the periodic images in VMD):
Warning: CHARMM version is >= 22 but 'ucell' specified.
Warning: Assuming box info is stored as unit cell and not shape matrix.

However when I do exactly the same with CPPTRAJ in AmberTools 2024 (with
"namdcell" instead of "ucell"), I get additional warnings and the netcdf
trajectory does not contain the correct box information (periodic images
do not show in VMD)
Warning: CHARMM version is >= 22 but 'shape' not specified.
Warning: Assuming box info is stored as unit cell and not shape matrix.
Warning: Box Y vector length is zero.
Warning: Box information present in topology but not in trajectory.
Warning: DISABLING BOX in topology 'sox2_fgf4_hs_01_box.top'!

Does anyone have any idea what is happenning here ?

Thanks a lot

Best wishes
Vlad

--