Re: [AMBER] Cpptraj distance for multiple copies of ligand vs protein

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 12:54:42 -0400

Hi,

Your 'distance' command is calculating the center of mass of all atoms
in the first mask to the center of mass of all atoms in the second
mass, which is not what you want.

You could probably use the 'closest' command for this, just put the
ligand's name in place of solvent, e.g.

closest 1 .CA,C,O,N,H solventmask :SIA closestout closest.dat name SIA

See the manual for full command details. Let me know if this works for you.

-Dan