Re: [AMBER] High RMSD Difference

From: Dr. Anselm Horn via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 12:06:46 +0200

Priyasha,

just a couple of thoughts:
- Maybe the relaxation was not sufficient in the mutated system?
- Use more than a single simulation for each system to enhance your
statistics. Do you see this difference for all your simulations?
- Track down, where the high RMSD comes from: Is it the protein, the
DNA, or the complex? Maybe it's a local distortion. If on the other hand
the RMSD values of the protein and the DNA in your system remain low,
then the high RMSD comes from the relative orientation of the entities
in your system.

Maybe this helps.

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany